Thursday 15 September 2011

Where Do You Go To My Lovely ( Canvas Version)

Where Do You Go To My Lovely ( Canvas Version)

A customer liked my painting of the above name but  expressed an interest in having the painting on canvas rather than on acrylic paper and behind glass.

This being a theme of painting I have enjoyed so much playing with it was exciting to have another reason to try yet another version of this work.

I painted it on a box canvas round the edges. The customer and her husband seem pleased with it. So another painting now hangs on another wall I hope enhancing the lives of those who see it.

Tortured Cityscape

Yesterday seemed a good day in terms of art sales. I also sold my abstract painting Tortured Cityscape. This painting is going to a home where at least another two of my paintings already hang.

It is nice when somebody purchases a work of art that you created but there is something very special when more than one work hangs with the same owner.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on all those sales! Like all your work, these two that just sold are so expressive and so beautifully composed. I can only imagine how rewarding it must be to know that people want your artwork hanging in their own home, making what you created a part of their lives! That's so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the nice week of sales, Ralph.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great that your doing so well in the selling side of art. congratulations. !! BJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, that must be such a lovely feeling! And I really like both versions - I'm not sure I could pick! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. I'm thrilled that the large piece that I've finally called "Invitation" was bought by folks who bought a piece from me two years ago.

    Your paintings in this series really tweak my imagination. Great work.

    ReplyDelete