Thursday 20 December 2012

St Peter's Church Inverkeithing

St Peter's Church Inverkeithing

This is another of my pen and ink paintings. I am blessed to live in a part of Scotland with many interesting and historical buildings. In the village I live there are so many that locals often hardly notice the beauty of them.

I have taken some delight in looking at them again. This is my second version of this one. The first one was purchased before I had even had time to take a picture of it. It is to be given as a Christmas present.

It has been bought by the son and daughter in law for the mother. It was in this building that the daughter in law first sang solo. So the building has happy memories in the family. I hope it brings them joy.

This one is hanging in the little inn in the village where I meet my friends once a week. Within about 100 yards radius of where it hangs there are at least six historical buildings, so plenty to consider.

This church plays an important part in the life of the village in many ways. A recent heritage protection project has ensured it will stand in the village for many years to come.

This blog is linked to my other. Silence Only Comes

2 comments:

  1. It looks so lovely in it's frame like that. I didn't know you do pen and ink drawings too. Have a wonderful Christmas :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very well done rendering of a great building! History abounds in your little neighborhood. Blessings to all.

    ReplyDelete