Wednesday 21 July 2010

The Jazzman


The Jazzman


Another example of a painting that I am glad I did not give up on. This one I have shown you before. I think then I explained how I used to play in a band playing saxophone. When I remember those days I see them as joyful and full of colour. Truth to be told I am not sure that his how it was but time makes it seem that way.

This painting was done in pastels after listening to some marvellous jazz playing on the saxophone. An instrument with a beautiful tone and sound and the ability to express mood like few other instruments.

I have had this painting hanging for some time and was about to give up on it and remove it. I had decided to do so on my return from holiday. Surprise surprise when I heard it had sold during my time away. One of three that I sold in my absence. Yesterdays this one and another I will share with you later as I say goodbye to them.

I used this today because I am sure if Andy could have played the sax he would have played a marvellous fanfare as he and the other blind lad reached the other side of that busy road.



This blog is linked to my other.  The Blind Leading the Blind

6 comments:

  1. I love this painting, Ralph. Just goes to show that you shouldn't give up and that all good things come in due time. (I should remember that I said those words, yes?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful energitic brush strokes and color! Very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i listen to jazz constantly! i love painted music. you are the best sort of person, Ralph!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So love this painting....so alive with colour and motion! What a wonderful memory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very dream like Ralph. The orange pulls is together.

    ReplyDelete