Thursday 22 July 2010

Lavender Fields


 Lavender Fields

 
This is the third of the paintings that sold during my time away. It seemed appropriate to use it today on my other blog. We live in a world of such beauty in nature and the people who surround. It is sad that there are so many who either seem not to care or are too involved in their own lives to notice.

What a joy it is to be able to share what we see and feel, even if it is not always as we would like to be able to.

This painting was inspired by an earlier visit to France. On my return I was showing friends some of my holiday pictures. One lady asked if I would paint one of the scenes of lavender fields. When my wife saw the painting she did not want me to sell it. I had promised and I did, but painted another similar for her.

Recently due to my accident I was unable to paint and needed a painting to hang on one of the gaps created by a sale. I borrowed this one. I then left to go on holiday and during my time away it sold.

I am not the most popular person around at present when my wife looks at the place where it hung. I really do hope the purchaser gets many happy thoughts from it.

I suppose I should make some effort to paint another lavender field soon.

This blog is linked to my other.  The Girl Who Could Not See

6 comments:

  1. LOL Your poor wife, Ralph! Methinks another lavender field painting is needed poste haste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost Van Goghish! I can see why it sold. Paint another, but only when you have the same feelings because this one seems full of happiness and feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. bello...la lavanda in primo piano è un'esplosione di solore. complimenti
    ciaooo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That purple blue sure pops out. I posted about BP and my sons fish and how some people see nature.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the lavender colour contrasts so beautifully with the background of the scene! I am sure the owner of the painting will cherish it.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. uh oh...I wonder if Mrs. Ralph will be happy with the replacement. Well, I can understand why this painting was coveted by all. It is beautiful with the most lovely atmospheric perspective

    ReplyDelete