Tuesday 10 May 2011

Two Paintings I Hope Are Now Sold.



There are times when you think you have made a sale and for one reason or another the sale does not happen. This was the case with this painting and the one on my other blog.

I was approached by a person who asked me if I could mark these two as sold and he would pay me very soon. I did as he asked. A few days later I took them down and replaced them with two others. I left the two for him to collect.

A month later they were still there so I thought he had changed his mind. I took them and hung them elsewhere. The other day there he saw me and asked, rather upset why I had not sold them to him. I explained what had happened.

So all is now sorted the paintings are at last sold and he and I are I hope both happy.





This blog is linked to my other.      The Old Man and The Artist

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this Ralph. I love the subject and your choice of colour. It is one of my favourites on you blog and I would definitely hang it on my wall!
    If I had painted it - I would be sad to let it go! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad it worked out. Congratulations on the sale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These two paintings today are so beautiful! I don't blame the buyer for getting upset when he thought he might not get them. I love the way you blend colors in your paintings, and the colors that you choose always create such beautiful moods and feelings. I also love how the two paintings are similar, yet they each create their own special mood. I'm so glad they were sold as a pair. They need to be together. You're a wonderful artist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mes très sincères félicitations Ralph... Une histoire qui se termine bien... Il aurait été bien difficile autrement, car le travail est prodigieux.
    Bisous

    ReplyDelete