Thursday 11 November 2010

Motion and Emotion

Motion and Emotion


I painted these three small canvases in Spain during my summer holidays. It was at the time when Spain was doing very well in the world cup. The place was full of the red and yellow of the flag and the joy and the emotion of the supporters. It was a good place to be, so much fun and emotion.

I tried to capture this feeling on the canvases. I used tissue paper and cooking foil to create texture.

I painted them using mainly my fingers. I loved the finished works and a further two paintings using the same methods followed on my arrival home.

None of these paintings sold and I again felt that my liking of the paintings must be misguided.

Yesterday I got a message to tell me that this triptych had sold. So there is still hope that the other two will still find a home and be loved as much as I love them.

Maybe it is just that it takes somebody who thinks and looks at the world the way I do to appreciate these for what they are?



This blog is linked to my other. Nothing Wrong With My Eyesight.

5 comments:

  1. Ralph, the color and energy in this is wonderful! I think you should paint what you're passionate about. Whatever moves you. Its what I wrote about in my latest post.

    I just read a post about fears with regards to art. You might like to check it out. You're not alone in this respect. Don't give up! http://k-cartwright.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rouge passion... Vous êtes passionné, continuez à l'être tout simplement.
    Bises

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love these hot colours! I've never tried to paint with my fingers before. Maybe I should have a go. It sounds like fun :0D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ralph, as you know by my work I'm one of those soft palette flower" painters. Every once in a while a piece such as this 'speaks to me' and this one does .. 'motion and emotion'.. perfect title... congrats on your other sale !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm.... I like the way you see the world... I'm much too practical and down to earth. I love your enthusiasm.

    ReplyDelete