Monday 2 April 2012

Thoughts of Sumer and Love.

Thoughts of Sumer and Love.


There are some subjects that I cannot stop myself returning to, fortunately they seem to the subjects that people who purchase my art seem to like also.  I love painting seascapes and poppies. I also love painting abstracts that catch my whole being in the painting of them. Above all though I love painting those little captured moments that on later reflection fill you with a sense of joy and yes love.

The painting I have added to todays blogs is one such painting. I think this must be about the fourth version of this painting i have done. It makes no effort to depict a place, although strangely every time I paint one of these somebody says that it reminds them of a particular place. What I really try to capture is that feeling you get when you are in a strange place and you turn a corner only to find yourself in some little back street where day to life goes on away from the main streets and business centres.

How I love these moments. This painting was on canvas painted using knives and fingers and the old credit card. Like all versions of this painting it sold within a very short time of being hung.

THis blog is linked to me other. Being Blind and Seeing Deeply

2 comments:

  1. It's wonderful - and such a huge sense of perspective! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooooo good!!! love it!!

    ReplyDelete