Sunday 1 April 2012

Early Morning North Beach Iona.

Early Morning North Beach Iona

I have mentioned often before that I was fortunate enough to spend a year of my life living and working on the building of Iona Abbey on the beautiful little Island of Iona. During this time I spent many hours walking the island on my own in the early hours of the morning or late evenings. During the winter months there were only about six or so of us lived in the Abbey, the summer brought a great many visitors who would come and stay for a few days or a week.

I got to know the island very well. I can close my eyes and fill my head with the many pictures of the little coves and beaches.

This painting is one of the larger of the paintings I do. It was painted from memory but I have no doubt at all that it is fairly accurate. I painted just a two weeks ago or so and as yet it has stirred little interest. I suppose it is one of those paintings that will mean more to me than to others. As I was saying in my other blog, "It all depends on how you see it."

This blog is linked to my other: It All Depends On How We See It.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Ralph!! vos nuances de bleus sont sublimes. J'aime le contraste qu'ils créent avec le sable... Charmants aussi vos mouettes... une très belle atmosphère.
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, this is SO my cup of tea! The sea is one of my favorite things and this has such a tranquil feel. Beautiful :0)

    ReplyDelete