Wednesday 12 May 2010

Explosion of Love

Explosion of Love


I chose this painting today because in my other blog I was talking about love. Over the past blogs some of you have teased me about being an old romantic. I am, through and through, and I am not ashamed at all to admit it.

It worries me that we have devalued this emotion, the emotion to be romantic and to care for each other. We are so full of what we love, so aware of  the desire to be loved.  I was moved to read the blogs of what people had done for mothers day in the USA.  Mothers day is long gone here in the UK, a distant memory.

I was not brought up in a home where love was ever spoken of. I knew my father cared deeply for me even though he never told me so.

So love has always had deep meanings for me. It is something I keep coming back to. In my thoughts and in my art. Much of my art is a desire to express love, the love of people, the love of nature, my love of music.  My making art for others is another attempt. I never fail to tell my children how much I love them, and if they read this they know it is true.

This was my first attempt to express love in art. I played the music that moved me inwardly and I hit the canvas with paint. This is what happened. I am sure it speaks more to me than to any others but speak to me it does.

Where is it now? 

Painted in acrylic as one of three small paintings.


This blog is linked to my other where I speak of love.:- Show Me

8 comments:

  1. Je pense Ralph que si nous n'étions pas de grands amoureux nous ne serions pas des artistes... Après tout, nous sommes peut-être des artistes de l'amour. Nous sommes peut-être là pour déclencher chez l'autre un sentiment...
    J'explose d'admiration pour cette harmonie de couleurs que vous nous offrez ce matin...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes..... LOVE is what it's all about..... It's even said to move mountains !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somebody else once said love can move mountains but rember you have to bring your own spoon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To me actions always speak louder than words, though admittedly, the words would be nice to hear once in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lieber Ralph,

    deinen bildern Sieht man ES AN, du bist ein Romantiker und DURCH DURCH, und ich finde das gut so ... ohja, aus Liebe sterben Vielen Spricht ;-)

    Herzlichst, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice explosion Ralph. Love is definitely what makes the world go round and just think how this world would be if everyone had it. I too have been moved by some of the comments on this blog world concerning mothers. What a great invention of God. I have a great one and a great family. Truely blessed and a life free to pursue my art and wilderness wanderings.
    God bless,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ralph, I was raised by a Scottish father and like you I never heard the words, I love you. Like you, I also like to tell those around me that I love them a lot. I wonder what would happen if I tried to express it to music? I bet it would be an awesome explosion like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing those feelings, and opening up. This is so for many people, and when we come together and share love,life is beautiful.
    Wonderful colours, this painting is pure expression.

    ReplyDelete