Tuesday 23 March 2010

Beacons of Light

Beacons of Light

This was one of a series of three paintings based on my feelings about the journey of life. This was the second of the three which I called "beacons of light". There are those people in life who are the sort of people who fill your life with hope and joy. They are like rainbows, full of promise.

This and the other two were painted at one sitting in acrylic. They were in fact teh very first ever attempt I  had made at painting abstract. I got a great deal of pleasure from them and they filled me with thoughts of those people in life who had made my journey to this point a journey worth looking back on.

I had them ready to hang and had taken them to a cafe to show to a friend. While in the cafe a friend of my friend offered to purchase them. I was so shocked I almost gave him them for free. He still tells me how he enjoys having them.

This blog is linked to my other blog where this artwork is used.:- Beware

2 comments:

  1. Love this painting. So full of heart! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, Ralph. I love the image of the hooded figure that I see in this painting. I am reminded of the grim reaper a bit...or the Ghost of Christmas Future...which of course brings all kinds of thoughts to the fore. I am not surprised the series sold.

    ReplyDelete