Sunday 21 March 2010

The Yell

The Yell

This is just a very fast and very simple drawing done with a charcoal pancil and a red pastel. it took about five minutes to execute.

The person in the picture was a real person who if she did not get her own way reacted. She was actually a very pretty female and it was a bit cruel depicting her as I did. It came about because I made the comment that it was amazing the transformation that took place when she went into complaint mode. I produced this and showed it to her. "Never," she said. Those there at the time all laughed and said yes. She does not complain nearly so often.

So this is no great work of art but it did have a positive effect and for this reason I still look at it fondly.

This artwork is here because it was used in my other blog which can be read at:- Complaints

4 comments:

  1. Ok, Ralph. I have to admit that when I saw this on your other blog, I thought it was a bit off-putting somehow, almost kind of scary. Now after reading the story behind it, I am actually laughing. That poor girl; I'll bet she was a bit embarrassed! LOLOL I suspect I've worn that very painting many a time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep it is a bit scary is it not and yes I bet we have all worn it many a time. The poor girl indeed she has offered to purchase this from me but I refuse to let her I keep saying that I want it in case I have to remind her again. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stupeur dans son regard! Son cri arrive du plus profond d'elle-même...

    ReplyDelete
  4. je suis d'accord Alison....this scream seems to come from the depth of the person's being.

    Ralph, this one always made me think of Munch's 'The Scream'

    Well rendered in five minutes I would say!

    ReplyDelete