Wednesday 17 March 2010

Too Late To Crow Today

Too Late To Crow Today

This painting wasa going to be a seascape. I had begun to paint the sky and was making ready to paint in some clouds. I was listening to The Rolling Stones and they began to sing that very famous song of theirs, "The Little red Rooster." I develope this very stron image of this little red rooster not content with his little empire where he was in control. I could see him strutting down a little country lane looking for fields anew.  Behind him was the chaos of noise because he was not strutting where he should have been.

I could not get the image from my head so changed my palette of colours and this appeared on top of the already painted sky.  Just few quick streaks of colour. Filled with doubts about what I had done I was ready to paint over it but a friend persauded me otherwise. The painting sold two days later.

Which reminds me of the story of the student trying to learn calligraphy. Will keep that for another day. and another blog.


This Blog is linked with my main main Blog where I have some thoughts for the artist this Blog can be seen at :The Stone Cutter

1 comment:

  1. Glad you didn't scrap this one, Ralph. I love the movement you've captured in this one's feathers. Beautiful piece; not surprised it sold!

    ReplyDelete