Tuesday 19 October 2010

The Lilly Pond


The Lilly Pond


If you are not here because you have read my other blog and you are looking for the answer I apologise. On my other blog today I finished with a question and said I would give the answer here. So let me just do that.

There were still three frogs on the Lilly leaves. You see one of the frogs had made a decision to jump but he had not yet got round to putting the decision into action. Now how often can we all be like that, full of wonderful decisions and short on wonderful actions?

I often make decisions, sadly I do not always consider the consequences of the actions and end up in a mess trying to do far too many things at the same time. The other week there I decided to stop doing that. I have still to put that decision into action and here I am sharing a painting with you I have shown you before.

It does however fit well with my other blog. Between the two blog I have shown two versions of Lilly pond paintings I have done. Neither ever will match the wonder of the great Lilly pond painter Monet. In fact the decision on my part to paint this second one was maybe not such a great idea. The first one sold this one has as yet not and may never.

Not all decisions are good ones.

Have a great day.

This blog is linked to my otherIt Is Not Enough To Make A Decision

4 comments:

  1. oh Ralph, this is so colorsfull, really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great painting, looking for the frogs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all made a decision and this time they kept to it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog! Sets the mind on the alert for the day....and alert to what you may spring on us tomorrow!!!!
    I'm not that fond of Monet's lillies. I think you lily ponds are far superior. Colourful and full of vibrancy! Love them.

    ReplyDelete