Tuesday 5 October 2010

The Moron of the Glen


The Moron of the Glen


Yesterday I packed my new sketching folder and headed out to see if I could find inspiration to make me open it and begin. Sadly I walked and walked and the pad stayed in the bag.

Today I am going to take one of the pictures I showed on yesterday’s blog and make an effort to use these new pencils. I am so thankful that so many of you are as encouraging as I flounder about this way and that.

I feel enthused by the encouragement of so many of you and then others tell me to stick to the paint.

Let me see what today brings. In the meantime, I wonder how many of you are familiar with that wonderful painting of a Scottish stag deer in all its splendour, standing on a high ridge looking out over its terrain. It is called, “The Monarch of the Glen.” Prints of this painting hang in so many hotels in the highlands of Scotland it has almost become unnoticed in its popularity.

I was walking the other day there climbing a steep path. As I turned a small bend there before me was the sight you see in the two pictures above. I snapped quickly and when I saw the results I just could not help laughing. Here was not the Monarch of the Glen but the Moron of the Glen. The poor lowly sheep in all its glory.

He made me laugh out loud I hope he does the same for you.

So please stick with me as I try to rise above the doubts and make a start.

I do notice more people joining this blog and I thank you all for doing so.

This blog is linked to my other. Why Do Some People Always Complain?

4 comments:

  1. I am so anxious to see your next drawing! Can't wait....so get it moving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ralph, you need to listen to your own heart. It will tell you what to do.. Othes can give advice and direction but in the end its your own feelings that will lead you..Paint, pencil, you decide. It has to be what you want, because your art is from inside yourself and not from someone else. It may just be that dry spell we all go through, and sometimes it passes slowly but it will pass .. your an artist. it comes with the territory. Embrace it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos are fabulous Ralph ! and I'm sitting here with a BIG grin on my face, after seeing the look on that sheep's face. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ralph, Love this picture and I'm anxious to see you start the painting. He did make me smile when I clicked on it to see him closer. He almost looks like he's staring at you. He's going to be a winner.

    ReplyDelete