Sunday 10 October 2010

Sunflowers


Sunflowers


Today in my other blog I was talking about anger, how easily it finds its way into our lives. Sometimes it comes from unexpected places, or people. One minute calm and peace and from nowhere it is there.

Art offers a marvellous means to help keep such anger at bay. I have never shared this with my fellow bloggers but I do today. On this page I have added a painting of my own, not one of my best, but it is one of my favourite subjects, sunflowers which runs very close with poppies. Such flowers have a marvellous calming effect on me.

Yesterday, as I have said on my other blog my day kind of drew to a close walking the woods as the daylight disappeared. It set on what had been a wonderful day. It could have been so much otherwise.

So back to you my fellow bloggers. I have bookmarked many of your blog pages. Pages that contain paintings that I find so helpful in meditating for calm.

I thought I would share that with you today without going into any detail of how I use them. it does though I think remind us of the many dimensions of art.

Thanks once again.

This blog is linked to my other.Anger is best Kept in Its Place

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. J'aime aussi les tournesols et les coquelicots. Ce sont des fleurs fragiles dès qu'on les coupe... Sommes-nous aussi fragiles dès qu'on a un souci ? Je dirais en ce qui me concerne que je suis extrêmement sensible. Les artistes sont sensibles, n'est-ce pas ?
    Bises

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes indeed art can have a calming effect. Although I have seen some that are otherwise!

    Love your sunflowers and poppies....when will we be seeing more?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful sunflowers. Maybe they helped Van Gogh in his moments of anguish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful painting Ralph! Art has saved me from much of my own anger and angst. For that, I am grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eloquently spoken Ralph.
    (And deconstructing a few baby dolls is quite soothing as well.)

    ReplyDelete