Tuesday 10 August 2010

Castles in the Air


Castle in the Air

My apologies that I did not post on this blog yesterday but circumstances, always circumstances, militated against it. I was talking on my other blog today about the grass on the other side always being greener.

I also apologise to those who have seen this painting in the early stages of this blog but it did seem to fit very much with my thoughts on the other blog.

I am not sure if all artists are the same as the one I spoke with yesterday, but it did ring bells with myself. Just like the grass always being greener on the other side so we are always longing for something else. In winter we long for the sun of summer. In summer we dream of the colours of autumn.

I laughed when this person said this to me because I immediately recognised it. Now I do love mountains in winter. I love being on top of them with the world of white around me. I dream of castles in the sky.

That being said I have painted very few snow scenes. This is one of the few exceptions to the rule.

As these thoughts went through my mind I had a lovely picture of a person who I loved deeply and think of often. MY old grandmother. I saw her standing in front of me saying, “Your wishing your life away laddie.”

Autumn, spring, summer and winter there is a time for all things so rather than dreaming castles in the sky lets enjoy the day we have.

I bought some sunflowers to fill my house with their joy on Sunday. I have painted sunflowers more than once but I even now as I sit here can hear them gently whisper to me.

Have a sun filled day.

This blog is linked to my other.  The Grass is Alway greener

3 comments:

  1. Ralph, this is just beautiful. Winter magic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll just sit here and stare at this wonderful painting for a few hours. It's so hot in my studio right now that my laptop's fan can't keep up and the computer keeps shutting down. A little winter right now would go a long way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with AutumnLeaves, this painting is beautiful. Good luck with the extra 14....that is only a dream for me.

    ReplyDelete