Saturday 21 August 2010

The Litter Bin


The Litter Bin


I took this picture the other day there. I just could not resist it. There it was all bright red and looking so marvellous among the vegetation at the side of the coastal path. It was a litter bin to behold. A work of art in its own right.

It made me smile because of its bold lines and colour. Somebody had taken the time to design this bin, to make it a feature of the path. I also smiled because it was the first litter bin that I had ever seen with a padlock. I wondered if they were having problems with people stealing litter.

It made me sad because just out of shot there was the usual litter that had been discarded and this beautiful bin not used. It seems some people either do not see the beauty around them or they just do not care.

I share these thoughts with you.

The Litter Bin

It stood there proud and beautiful

Waiting to play its part in keeping the beauty around.

It said in bold red, use me please.

There are many things in life we have to discard

Angry, jealousy, greed and intolerance

being just a few

There are things that should be cherished.

This litter bin has a lock on it.

If you put something in here you might never get it back if you change your mind

Once you have discarded friendship

It is difficult to win back


So today tell your friends how much you care.

Have a wonderful Saturday and a great weekend.



This blog is linked to my other.  I Am Angry With You But Never MInd

2 comments:

  1. A cool design indeed! I suspect they have problems with people damaging the can inside the holder more than with stealing trash. So many people today are so ignorant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun how you can see beauty in the most unlikely of places!

    ReplyDelete